DRUM-HEATERS: PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Rica Etched Foil has gained extensive experience in producing wire-heaters specifically designed for drum heating.
In these flexible heaters, the heating element is a conductive wire (with proper resistivity), sandwiched between two fiberglass-reinforced silicone layers.
- – Large surfaces can be heated (>2 m-long heaters can be easily produced).
- – Suitable for curved surfaces, thanks to its resistance to bending stress (higher than the one of standard etched foil product). Sharp bending must anyway be avoided.
- – Possibility to manage a wide range of power and to set precisely the temperature, by using a thermostat (typically a bimetallic adjustable one).
- – Maximum working temperature: 200°C
- – Ideal for any kind of barrels (made of steel, of plastic or of composite).
- – No adhesive. Quick to mount and dismount.
- – After using, the heater can be rolled up, saving storage place
Heating up in winter season
The drum heaters can be used to heat a wide variety of products such as oils, waxes, paints, paraffin’s, fats, adhesives, chocolate, honey, etc.
- – Keeping products stored in drums warm.
- – Melting or pre-heating of process raw materials.
- – Control of viscosity.
- – Anti-freezing.
- – Increment of solubility of substances in a liquid.
Thanks to its flexibility, the adhesion between the heater and the drum is optimal.
No adhesive is required: the heater can be easily fixed by means of hooks and springs (supplied with it).
The heater ensures a uniform heating when it is placed under the liquid level.
For a quicker heating up, two ore more drum- heaters can be simultaneously applied to the barrel.
Rica produces three standard heaters, which are promptly available.
Different heaters can be produced, according to the Customer’s requirements.